The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Sets up work stations, ensuring all required items are available before the start of the line. Breaks down work station and cleans area at the end of the line.
A. Checks food temperatures, ensuring department standards are met.
B. Informs supervisor of all supplies required before the start of the line.
C. Informs supervisor or cook of the need to replenish food items in a timely manner so that there is no interruption in service.
D. Promptly notifies supervisor if items are not available.
2. Portions, assembles, and serves hot and cold food for cafeteria line according to departmental guidelines, using proper garnishes.
3. Greets customers courteously, with a smile, and utilizing suggestive selling techniques; notifies supervisor of shortages in food items in a timely manner so that there is no interruption in service. Garnishes food as required.
1. Set up catering area, ensuring all required items are available and the area is set up 15 minutes before the start of the function. Breaks down work station and cleans area at the end of the shift.
A. Informs manager if all needed supplies are not available.
2. Portions and assembles hot and cold food for catering events according to departmental recipes or production orders, using proper garnishes.
3. Delivers, sets up, serves, and breaks down meals, food and supplies according to established and posted schedules and department procedures.
A. Delivers food to units quickly and quietly.
B. Maintains posted delivery and bread down schedule; if later than 15 minutes, reports any deviations to the Catering Manager.
C. Arranges area as needed, moving tables and chairs if required.
4. Greets customers courteously; notifies manager of any problems in a timely manner so that there is no interruption in service.
1. Completes all tasks with minimal assistance, in a timely fashion, and exercises initiative in responding to needs appropriately as they arise.
2. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment, ensuring that department standards are met, and that all department activities are conducted in accordance with federal, state, and local health regulations.
A. Cleans work areas such as tables, counters, and food storage areas; washes equipment and utensils.
B. Follows Department procedures to ensure the safe handling of all food items including covering, labeling, and dating of food items.
3. Observes and demonstrates appropriate safety measures in working with kitchen utensils and equipment.
4. Adheres to HACCP food handling and guidelines. Maintain temperature logs of prepared foods, holding refrigerators, etc.
5. Maintains compliance with standards of operation for services especially guidelines for food handling and storage and Business Conduct Guidelines. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
Six months general work experience preferably in a food service setting is required.