Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMSis currently seeking a Master Item File Specialistfor ourBaltimore location.
***High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and 1 year applicable experience is REQUIRED.
STRONG Excel and ACCESS knowledge utilizing standard excel functions and creating access queries and knowledge of UNSPSC code on product classification would be a PLUS.***
Under general supervision, this position assists with maintaining the integrity of the PMM Item Table and coordinates purchasing activity as it relates to the PMM Item Table at UMMS.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Maintains the PMM Item Table to add new items, inactivate items and to input other required information into the PMM Item Table for the purpose of maintaining accuracy of the PMM Item Table.
2. Resolves discrepancies as they relate to the PMM Item Table by coordinating with the Purchasing Agents, Logistics Director, Storeroom Manager and Accounts Payable personnel.
3. Assists the Supervisor in maintaining General Ledger (G/L) accuracy, by ensuring all supplies being purchased via the PMM Item Table and non-catalog purchases are coded to the appropriate G/L code.
4. Supports Cost Center Managers and other UMMS personnel in managing supply information in the Item Table.
5. Organizes and assists with routine clean up of the Item Table to ensure system integrity; including all projects related to Supply Chain initiatives.
6. Responsible for understanding all system interfaces and processes that affects the PMM Item Table.
7. Responsible for ensuring all data files are formatted (HL7, 832 or delimited text file) for importation into the Item Table. Organizes files for exportation as needed for requesting departments.
8. Assists and supports the Supervisor to ensure PMM Item Table functions and activities are coordinated properly.
9. Assists Purchasing Agents in coordinating purchase order activity, through data entry of supplies into the Item Table, for the customers of Materials Management.
10. Assists the Supervisor to develop, generate and analyze statistical and financial reports as necessary.
11. Understands the systems being utilized and how they interface with other hospitals departments including Account Payables.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1 year applicable experience. Working knowledge of supply chain is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to judge the level of confidentiality of information / activities involved in and exhibit integrity in use of dissemination of such information.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and graphic/specialty software program.
3. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in dealing with a variety of healthcare and finance professionals.