At the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), a designated Magnet facility, we are a team. Nurses and doctors, specialists and therapists, work shoulder-to-shoulder to give our patients the care they deserve. We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the practice of patient care.
We are looking for a New Graduate Registered Nurse to join our Transplant IMC Team!
This role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months experience. The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice. It is expected that a nurse in this role successfully pass the probationary period within 12 months (18 months maximum with a defined action plan developed with manager). Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level. Functions effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided, and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance.
• A competitive wage scale.
• Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland.
• An achievable professional advancement model.
• A comprehensive compensation and relocation package.
• A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!