University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
UMMC Midtown is seeking a Full Time Stationary Engineer:
Inspects and repairs stationary steam boilers and related equipment including compressors, generators and pumps; operates and maintains the electrical mechanical and physical condition of boiler room equipment and systems to provide an adequate supply of electrical power, steam, hot water and other services to the entire Hospital facility.
1. Performs frequent inspection and repairs of all boilers and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, draft fans, burners, compressors and generators.
2. Observes meters and gauges to ensure equipment is operating properly.
3. Inspects and repairs boiler fittings such as safety valves, regulators and automatic control mechanisms.
4. Using chemicals as specified, periodically tests and treats the boiler water and closed loop systems.
5. Notifies Facilities Supervisor when outside services are needed for equipment repairs.
6. Repairs or replaces defective piping and valves.
7. Maintains a detailed log book of the day-to-day operations.
8. Manipulates valves to control the flow of water and steam pressure as required.
9. Makes repairs to electrical and mechanical system in all areas of the Hospital when maintenance employees are not on shift.
NEW HIRE RATE NOW AVAILABLE!