The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Web Content Strategist for our Corporate location.Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years' experience in developing and implementing strategies and content for websites .
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Develops and continues to refine website content strategy, proactively reaching out to marketing colleagues, subject matter experts and other stakeholders for input to ensure the website content aligns with system priorities.
2. Keep abreast of SEO best practices and develops strategies for implementation.
3. Develop content, to include conducting initial interviews with subject matter experts, writing, editing and proofreading. Ensures all content is consumer-friendly and adheres AP Style, SEO best practices and brand standards.
4. Creates and maintains editorial content calendar for all UMMS websites to ensure content timeliness and relevance. Identifies opportunities for implementation and recommends process for review.
5. Develop guidelines for incorporating images, video and other media on all UMMS websites.
6. Works collaboratively with web services team and external agencies in the development and implementation of keyword and search strategies to improve site performance and ranking, and user experience.
7. Coordinates assignment and review of copy developed by other team members and outside contractors.
8. Keeps abreast of healthcare internet trends, technology and best practices.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
Bachelor’s degree required
A minimum of four years’ experience in developing and implementing strategies and content for websites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities