Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Contract Analyst / Supply Chainfor our Baltimorelocation.
*** Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field and 1 year applicable experience is REQUIRED.***
Under general supervision, develops, analyzes, reports and interprets financial and statistical information related to corporate supply chain agreements. Responsible for ensuring that the required financial documentation has been submitted that supports all individual hospital cost savings.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Reports and monitors UMMS supply chain savings. Audits supply chain savings for each hospital in UMMS system. Develops and maintains procedures and reports for supply chain savings.
2. Assists the Corporate Contract Managers in calculating the cost savings of pricing and/or vendor price changes.
3. Formalizes and completes written documentation to track supply savings. Works collaboratively with departments and/or hospitals to implement recommendations.
4. Prepares and monitors various Supply Chain financial reports. Analyzes actual savings performance and compares it with established budgets and reports and interprets the results to all levels of management.
5. Communicates regularly with various UMMS departments to provide analytical and technical support regarding Supply Chain savings, accurately, timely and, clearly written.
6. Prepares various reports and special projects as requested by senior management.
7. Develops and implements procedures in performing tasks required by internal management or outside regulatory agencies.
8. Visits UMMS sites and requests data for the purpose of analysis associated with supplies, service and equipment.
9. Prepares and submits budget amendments and other required documents to Finance to reflect supply chain savings at the cost center and account level where necessary.
10. Analyzes the cost impact of contract awards and/or pricing changes for the system and individual sites for capital and operating expense requirements.
11. Communicates contract analysis information to various committees, Oversight groups, Corporate Contract staff and senior management as required.
12. Develops and maintains a method for handling funds from incentives, products, administrative fees, rebates or other financial items. Method must meet Internal Audit requirements.
13. Conducts meetings in conjunction with the Corporate Contract Manager or Performance Consulting regarding contract implementation, transition planning, monitoring of savings and necessary follow-up with suppliers.
14. Serves as a resource to all Value Analysis teams to provide requested data to identify opportunities and costs associated with decisions.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees
What You Need to Be Successful:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field and 1 year applicable experience is required.
MBA, CPA or Master’s degree in Finance preferred.
Healthcare-related finance background and experience with contracting or purchasing is preferred.