Hours of Work: rotating time/day per week M-F 7:30-5 poss pm hrs
Job Facility: UM Community Medical Group
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Under moderate supervision, the Part Time Front Office Coordinatorperforms a variety of clerical activities to support clinical operations including customer service, telephone management, scheduling, registration, and copay collections. Ensures that all provider schedules are appropriately populated, telephones are managed, and complete registration information is captured prior to or during each patient visit.
***High School diploma or GED equivalent and 1 year of customer service experience is REQUIRED.***
***THIS IS A PART TIME (0.5 FTE) POSITION***
**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PASADENA, MARYLAND**
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls. Provides general information in person and on the telephone.
2. Calls patients to verify appointments.
3. Verifies patient demographic information including insurance verification prior to the patient visit for all pre-scheduled patients. Performs data entry of patient demographic information. Types letters and faxes information as needed.
4. Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information Receives and documents patient responsible payments including co-payments, past balance payments, and other patient-responsible charges.
5. Schedules patients for physician visit. Maintains and updates appointment calendars.
6. Processes all referral requests by physicians and patients within a timely manner and according to clinic procedure.
7. Notifies clinical personnel of patient arrival.
8. Maintains entry log of incoming visitors.
9. Processes and delivers departmental mail.
10. Prepares examination room for patients. Cleans examination rooms between patients and at the end of the day.
11. Tracks down labs on patients and follows up with lab companies when errors occur.
12. Coordinates files and office information – updates charts, labs, x-rays, dictated notes, etc.
13. Pulls and prepares charts for current and follow-up appointments.
14. Processes and maintains medical records in accordance with records protocols.
15. Discharges each patient via established policies, including charge entry for current visit if appropriate, scheduling of future appointments, facilitation of ancillary procedures as necessary, and provides for the patient a receipt for services rendered.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND one (1) year of customer service experience is required.
One (1) year relevant front-desk experience and experience within a healthcare environment preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Ability to interact with personnel of all levels within the organization and work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Interpersonal skills, customer orientation and an outgoing and pleasant demeanor.
Prior experience and demonstrated competence with patient or customer information systems.
Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.