|The University of Maryland Medical Center is currently seeking a Social Worker II (LCSW-C) to join our Proton Center at our main campus hospital in Baltimore, MD.|
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
2. Provides family counseling and other clinical services to patients, such as, psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral approaches, task-centered treatment and crisis intervention based on assessed needs using individual, family, or group modalities in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and generally accepted clinical social work practices. A. Provides preventive, protective, or supportive services to patients who are in or who are threatened by situations detrimental to their well-being. B. Collaborates with the health care team regarding in-hospital needs and post-hospital care. C. Interprets psycho-social services programs and procedures to client, staff and community organizations.
3. Coordinates and maintains a viable discharge planning program for the assigned service area to identify patient needs and plan for appropriate after-care services. A. Ensures continuity of care through comprehensive and appropriate discharge planning with patient, family, and/or significant others.
4. Documents appropriate data from psycho-social assessments, individual contacts, family interventions and discharge planning according to department policy and procedures and State, Federal, and Joint Commission stipulated requirements.
5. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with hospital and departmental policy and professional standards. May accompany patients to obtain benefits, entitlement or other services. Participates in cross coverage and on-call coverage when needed.
6. Develops a social service network with city, state or other governmental services that serve the needs of the assigned patient population, to assist patients in obtaining such services as, food stamps and other financial supports and assistance in obtaining transitional housing.
7. Participates in departmental meetings and activities. Participates in and may hold leadership positions on departmental and hospital committees.
8. Evaluates psycho-social services program objectives and results and participates in program planning and improvement in accordance with the mission of the hospital and department. A. Prepares and submits statistical information according to departmental policy on "reporting and recording" for continuity of care.