University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
1. Reviews images scanned within 24 hours of initial scanning.
2. Identifies documents that are of poor quality and rescan as necessary.
3. Ensures that all scanned documents are positioned correctly and adjust those that are not correct.
4. Performs indexing process with accuracy by ensuring documents are indexed to the correct patient account number; assigning each document to the correct document type and verifying that bar-coded documents are correctly indexed.
5. Identifies when it’s appropriate to split and merge documents. Performs the splits and merges correctly.
6. Maintain master patient index. Research and verify existing medical record numbers making corrections, eliminating duplicates and merging patient medical records accordingly.
7. Reviews assigned electronic work lists daily and ensures timely processing of all work items on work lists.
8. Function as back up staff to the coordination and management of the dictation/transcription process.
9. Maintain productivity and quality standards above 95%. Complete and submit productivity reports to the Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
10. Answer the telephone and take requests for medical records or information. Sort requests according to predetermined priorities and provide routine information of a general nature such as medical record numbers, admission or discharge dates and medical record locations to authorized requestors. Read departmental e-mail. Take appropriate follow-up actions regarding dictation/transcription. Respond to all customers in a timely and professional manner.
11. Communicate any issues to the Document Imaging Coordinator and/or the Operations Manager timely and with clear detail.
Education and Requirements:
One year of previous experience in hospital medical record department or similar medical office setting with additional experience in quality analysis or similar position.