This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at UMMC who have greater than 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. He/she will practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Professional Nurse Job Charter. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Is accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
Who We Are:
University of Maryland Medical Center, located in downtown Baltimore, MD, is an 800 bed Academic Medical Center. Acting as the flagship hospital of the 12 member University of Maryland Medical System, UMMC has a workforce of more than 8,000 employees caring for the community of Baltimore. As a Magnet Designated hospital, we focus on progressing the career of our nursing staff and look for likeminded individuals to join our team.
• A competitive wage scale with available premiums
• Up to $10,000 a year for your post-graduate degree at the University of Maryland
• An achievable professional advancement model
• The chance to grow as an individual/professional by joining a leading national center for Cardiac Surgery in a revolutionary approach to patient care
• A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!