Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Contract Manager / Support Servicesfor our Corporate location.
Under general supervision provides leadership, coordination and administration for a portfolio of medical capital and equipment contracts, programs and services. Negotiate and implement purchase agreements encompassing all aspects of medical and surgical group purchasing including contracting for equipment, supplies, equipment service, contracted services. Focused on maximizing quality and service while achieving standardization, cost control and performance improvement. Directly supervises and assigns tasks to contract specialist. Provides management reports and analysis of the information processed through the procurement system.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience is REQUIRED.
Significant experience sufficient to develop equivalent business knowledge and skills MAY BE considered in lieu of this requirement and 5 years of experience in a progressively responsible professional purchasing and/or contracting environment a plus.
Medical capital equipment contracting experience is strongly preferred.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Strong working knowledge of legal specifics of contracting in healthcare.
2. Manages corporate contracts assigned to their respective commodity group.
3. Interacts at a high level within UMMS and the supplier community.
4. Manages contract personnel assigned to their commodity group.
5. Manages, leads and/or facilitates corporate or major medical capital services or capital initiatives.
6. Lead contract negotiator for all contracts.
7. Provides consultative services to UMMS’ personnel regarding capital aspects of the supply chain.
8. Manages contracts assigned to their commodity group to ensure UMMS compliance, vendor compliance, price competitiveness, utilization and market trends.
9. Assists in the development of management cost reporting of expenses, corporate savings programs and recommendations for further “cost cutting” opportunities.
10. Attends appropriate meetings and serves on teams as directed.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience is required. Significant experience sufficient to develop equivalent business knowledge and skills may be considered in lieu of this requirement.
Five years of experience in a progressively responsible professional purchasing and/or contracting environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated ability to work with professional, multi-disciplinary teams as a group leader as well as a participant.
2. Highly effective supervisory skills necessary to train, motivate and monitor a staff working on complex issues.
3. Demonstrated experience in complex contract negotiations.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.