Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Facilitate and guide the project design process through customer and client coordination by arranging and staffing appropriate meetings, preparing meeting agendas, documenting and distributing meeting minutes.
- Review all Design documentation as prepared by the design consultant to ensure compliance with UMMS Design Guidelines, Facilities, Interior Design and Operational requirements.
- Manage and coordinate all Design submittals with the Architectural and Engineering Review Team.
- Support and develop scope of work for capital projects.
- Support and develop cost estimates, budgets, Purchase Orders and tracking as needed to ensure all capital projects meet approved funding levels.
- Activities include Submittal review and tracking, Requests For Information review, response and tracking, Pay Requisition review, processing and tracking, Change Order review, verification, tracking and management, Contract Shop Drawing control and management, Project Schedule review, updating and development, Project Correspondence tracking and management, updating Project Status Reports, Warranty Manual review, coordination and distribution, Project Close-Out and turnover to Operations, Cashflow projections and updates, Monitoring of Safety, Infection Control and Dust Control procedures. Manage all aspects of Capital Construction projects or other facilities related projects valued up to $500,000.
- Determine staffing requirements and supervise and mentors the work of all direct reports to ensure effective and efficient departmental functions.
- Hire, orient, train, conduct performance evaluations, handles corrective actions, and provide an open and goal oriented work environment with establish clear and concise work procedures and productivity standards.
- Develops staff by providing opportunities and training programs to enhance individual employee’s career development.
- Open spaces, purchasing, etc.
- Maintain industry knowledge related to OSHA, ICRA (Infection Control related), and ISLM (Ingress/Egress Safety).