Under direct supervision, the Emergency Services Representative will perform clerical duties which include:
a) Receiving and registering patients and visitors within the Emergency Services area.
b) Providing administrative/clerical support for the treatment areas.
c) Staffing discharge station, all in accordance with Medical System and departmental policies and procedures
1. Completion of a high school level education with attainment of a high school diploma or a
State High School Equivalency Certificate (GED). Completion of some college coursework is strongly preferred.
2. Minimum of two years work experience in a clerical or receptionist position in a health care setting such as an acute care hospital, physician’s office, or a Health Maintenance Organization, performing admissions processing or registration work.
3. Knowledge of PC operation of an on-line patient registration system for entry and retrieval of demographic and financial information. Ability to operate routine office equipment such as copy machine, fax machine, telephone, etc.
4. Ability to effectively listen to patient information and translate it to written documentation; to understand patient complaints and resolve using positive, proficient guest relations skills, and sensitivity to the physical circumstances of the patient.. .
5. Knowledge of basic medical terminology in order to register patients.
6. Ability to work independently and to respond effectively under stress.
7. Ability to lift patient luggage of no more than 30lbs and to push a wheel chair while escorting a patient within the hospital, generally, no more than 10% of the time. Ability to walk and stand approximately 50% of the time in the process of performing the responsibilities of the position.