Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required. Masters degree preferred. Additional Certifications may be required.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in information applications, including one (1) year performing programming or applications analysis, or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Experience with Midas and Corporate Quality is ideal.
- Experience with Epic and HL7 are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform and teach analysis and problem solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information applications to IT staff is required. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrates ability to develop complex specifications for all aspects of applications, and familiarity with problem analysis, hardware/software configurations and application integration.
- Able to teach application functionality, design standards, process changes to the end user community and train the trainer.
- Makes recommendations regarding the integration/relationship between and among organizational applications.
- Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to teach a project team of analysts, end users and consultants skills required to coordinate daily activities, delegate responsibilities, tasks and review/validate work.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
- Able to teach application functionality, design standards, and problem solving tools.
- Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
- Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies. Makes recommendations as necessary.