The UM St. Joseph Medical Group is a growing network of physicians who are affiliated with St. Joseph Medical Center. The group includes primary care physicians (internists, family practitioners, OB/GYNs), specialists and surgeons with offices in communities throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
Many of the area’s most respected primary care and specialty practices have joined to take advantage of the remarkable resources, expertise and convenience of St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson. The renowned physicians and specialists. The recognized centers of excellence in cancer, cardiac care, women and children, and orthopedics. The world-class care with community-based caring.
The Certified Medical Assistant maintains the flow of patients through the office, provides care to the patient such as obtaining detailed history, performing routine procedures and assisting provider as necessary. The Medical Assistant also answers phones, files and performs clerical assistance for the office. The Certified Medical Assistant may provide oversight for the Medical Secretary.
1. MUST be AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) Certified.
2. MUST POSSESS BLS Certification.
3. SPANISH speaking individuals are highly desired!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK:
1. Communicates appropriately with the nursing staff, physicians, physician's offices, CNM's, patients, families and community agencies.
2. Establishes and maintains a positive working rapport with all physicians and hospital staff.
3. Working as a team member, demonstrates a positive, supportive and helpful attitude towards patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians.
4. Addresses patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians with courtesy and respect.
5. Respects patients' rights by addressing patient by name and maintaining confidentiality.
6. Works effectively with co-workers to resolve identified problems, enlisting aid of management only when necessary.
7. Communicates concerns and ideas to the care team.
MAINTAINS SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Ensures exam rooms are fully stocked. Maintains adequate supplies of lab requisitions.
2. Accurately labels and packages specimens for appropriate lab analysis according to insurance carrier.
3. Sterilizes instruments.
4. Maintains a clean autoclave and completes bio testing on the autoclave machine weekly.
1. Coordinates the flow of the patients through the office.
2. Answers phones, files, makes copies of requested medical information for the department and other offices requesting charts.
3. Schedules ordered procedures for the patient.
PROVIDES PATIENT CARE:
1. Documents patient history and chief complaint in medical record, preps patient for exam.
2. Accurately obtains vital signs and documents in the medical record.
3. Accurately provides routine testing as requested.
4. Is readily available to assist provider with procedures.
5. Consistently completes routine lab requisitions for routine patients.
As a UM St. Joseph Medical Group employee, and a part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you may be eligible for some company benefits. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM St. Joseph Medical Group and employees.
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Vocational / Technical Degree: Graduate of Medical Assistant training program. (Required)
Certification / Licensure / Registration
AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) Certified (Required)
BLS Certification (Required)
Experience and Skills
2 - 4 years Medical Assistant work and experience in medication administration, including injectables. Working knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and equipment. (Required)