Director of Clinical Engineering
An excellent opportunity for a proven clinical engineering leader looking to expand their career in a technologically advanced department at the flagship hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System.
- Academic Medical Center: Lead a team of over 50 staff members supporting the 8,000+ employees of University of Maryland Medical Center;
- Advanced Technical Projects: UMMC’s clinical engineering department provides advanced support to clinicians with complex issues in our NICU, Proton Center, radiology departments, and more;
- Generous Benefit Package: Health, Vision, & Dental plans; vacation + sick time + personal days, retirement contribution match, competitive compensation with annual bonus plan, and more…
Provide leadership to the UMMC’s Clinical Engineering team, Biomedical Engineering team, and the system Radiology Services. The director will oversee operations in support of enterprise wide engineering, deployment, and maintenance projects while reporting progress directly to the Senior VP of Operations and Support Services.
- Lead a team of three managers who oversee a staff of more than 50 individuals who provides project, maintenance, and elbow support to employees of UMMC;
- Collaborate across organizations coordinating with UMMS Information Technology on projects for deployment programs at UMMC;
- Support system projects as the director oversight of the UMMS radiology technology team;
- Represent UMMC as a leader by attending UMMS council meetings where technology initiatives within the system are discussed.