The UM St. Joseph Medical Group is a growing network of physicians who are affiliated with St. Joseph Medical Center. The group includes primary care physicians (internists, family practitioners, OB/GYNs), specialists and surgeons with offices in communities throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
Many of the area’s most respected primary care and specialty practices have joined to take advantage of the remarkable resources, expertise and convenience of St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson. The renowned physicians and specialists. The recognized centers of excellence in cancer, cardiac care, women and children, and orthopedics. The world-class care with community-based caring.
The Administrative Medical Assistant provides both clinical support and non-clinical administrative support to a medical practice. Will provide assistance to physician with pulling and maintain charts, taking vitals and patient histories and perform other basic medical procedures. Also provides general clerical and front desk support.
*COMPLETION OF A MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM IS REQUIRED*
*THIS PERSON WILL HAVE TO FLOAT BETWEEN VARIOUS OFFICES*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain medical charts in a manner that is consistent with regulatory standards including HIPAA requirements.
2. Monitor and respond to prescription requests and provider emergency phone lines and fax machine and respond as appropriate.
3. Maintains exam rooms ensuring the rooms are neat and clean at all time.
4. Provide timely turnover of exam rooms to maximize physician productivity while ensuring high level of patient satisfaction.
5. Provide patient with all necessary materials and information before during and after exam, including
disclosures, gowns, written instructions for follow-up, scheduling follow-up appointments and contacting patients with test results as required and within the scope of job.
6. Take history if required, notify physician of known allergies prior to exam.
7. Applying knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations while assisting providers with injections, EKG, taking blood pressure, temperature and height/weight measurements, performing urine sticks and other procedures as necessary.
1. Answers, screens and transfers inbound phone calls.
2. Receives and directs patients and others.
3. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system as well as retrieving documents from filing system while handling requests for information and data.
4. Resolves administrative problems and inquiries.
5. Maintains appropriate supply levels to ensure smooth running of office.
6. Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, memos and emails.
7. Prepares agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
8. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments for providers and manager as requested.
As a UM St. Joseph Medical Group employee, and a part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you may be eligible for some company benefits. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM St. Joseph Medical Group and employees.
High School Diploma or GED is required
Non Degree Program: Completion of Medical Assistant program is required.
2 year / Associate's Degree is preferred
Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Certification / Licensure / Registration
BLS Certification is required
Certified Medical Assistant is preferred
Experience and Skills
1 year prior medical office experience is required
1 year working knowledge of insurance verification procedures is required
1 year prior medical assistant experience preferred