The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the individual so classified.
1. Oversees cafeteria staff to assure that food is made available for customers timely, of high quality, nicely displayed and safe.
2. Performs human resources functions to include: monitoring performance of staff; preparing performance appraisals; counseling staff and issuing disciplinary action when necessary in accordance with HR guidelines; and interviewing and selecting staff to fill vacant positions.
3. In coordination with manager, prepares work schedules, vacation, holiday or other schedules for employees. Schedules employees to fill positions as designated by a master schedule.
4. Approves and documents time deviations. Ensures that timekeeping records are completed correctly.
5. Orients new employees to department and hospital policies and procedures. Ensures that employees are adequately trained to perform duties.
6. Assists in conducting monthly in-service education programs in a continuing effort to maintain or improve quality services. Documents attendance at in-service programs and maintains a training attendance roster.
7. Verifies recording of temperatures on all refrigerator equipment. Takes and records temperatures of all food. Documents non-compliance according to the departmental policy and takes corrective action when necessary.
8. Responsible for cash handling processes, including retrieving change, making deposits, and maintaining the integrity of the safe. Ensures cash handling procedures are strictly adhered to in accordance with hospital policy. Conducts surprise audits and immediately reports any identified issues to Manager and Director.
9. Assigns work tasks to staff to include cleaning of equipment, sanitation, and housekeeping in assigned areas. Ensures that areas are cleaned and meet sanitation standards and all regulatory and compliance guidelines.
10. Checks equipment to ensure proper functioning and reports equipment malfunctions to Manager. Documents and follows-up safety issues and requests for equipment maintenance and repairs.
1. High School Diploma or equivalency (GED).
2. ServSafe certification preferred.
3. Three years’ experience in food/cafeteria service. Minimum one year of supervisory experience required.