Under moderate supervision, the Administrative Assistantresponsible for performing a variety of secretarial and administrative task to support operation of the department in a professional and efficient manner.
High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 years of administrative/secretarial experience and must be able to type 40 wpm
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Participates as a member of the team by performing a variety of secretarial and administrative tasks to support departmental operations, to include transcribing/filing; maintaining and updating various documents, correspondence, reports and meeting minutes, following established departmental and hospital guidelines.
2. Prepares and maintains a variety of employee attendance related tasks, i.e. daily work schedules, payroll duties and various forms for the Director and Supervisors.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital information systems pertinent to the daily performance of designated duties.
4. Provides new hires with various paperwork, including uniforms and locker assignments.
5. Coordinates hospital set-ups for various conference rooms throughout the hospital.
6. Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills using line of authority appropriately.
7. Exhibits professional demeanor at all times, handling stressful situations effectively.
8. Utilizes appropriate customer relation skills when interacting with hospital and other health system staff, visitors, etc. to ensure all customers are treated with respect and dignity.
9. Ability to work effectively as a team member, demonstrating commitment to group goals.
10. Maintains confidentiality of all department/employee information in accordance with established procedures.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School Diploma or equivalent and (2) years of administrative/secretarial experience required.
Experience in a clinical practice preferred.
Must be able to type 40 wpm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Previous experience using a business office suite, such as Microsoft Office, is required.
Excellent communication skills essential, with co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.