Under general supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Responsible for maintaining networking applications and the monitoring of the LAN/WAN for alerts and anomalies. Responsible for evaluating current systems and assisting in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides network support for LAN/WAN wired and wireless infrastructure, including all network applications.
- Provides input to management for network design, procurement of network equipment and supplies.
- Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance.
- Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
- Acts as the primary interface with user and vendors for resolving problems.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas to develop or update policies and procedures; especially regarding future business expansion. May provide input.
- Assist in establishing a growth plan for the network to insure the best quality service in a state-of-the-art environment. Assists the Network Supervisor in designing and managing the enterprise network including wide area and local area networks.
- Uses Helpdesk Call Tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and well detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination / resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issues.
- Analyzes network traffic patterns to resolve connectivity issues. Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking systems including but not limited to LAN/MAN/WAN, security, wireless, VOIP and video.
- Maintains regular contact with users and supervisor/manager regarding status of open or pending service calls.