Under direct supervision, performs cleaning and disinfecting services within an area, location or building. Takes appropriate and necessary precautions to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and other associates in accordance with standards set forth by The Joint Commission, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms that may include vacuuming, high and low dusting, bed making and stripping, and removal of general and hazardous waste.
2. Cleans discharge areas, medical wards, utility rooms, galleys, treatment rooms, operating rooms, offices, medical supply rooms and restrooms in patient care areas following proper infection control procedures.
3. Cleans and disinfects isolation rooms according to hospital policy.
4. Performs general cleaning in public areas such as hallways, offices, elevators and stairwells.
5. Adheres to all departmental sanitation procedures.
6. Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Maintains knowledge and complies with all The Joint Commission, OSHA and other local, state and federal government regulations.
7. Provides hospitable service and follows service recovery principles daily and consistently.
8. Must adhere to the policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and other HIPPA requirements.
9. Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
A. Communicates with older adults by demonstrating respect for their age and life experience by allowing appropriate time for response and speaking directly and distinctly using appropriate pace. Communicates with adolescents by encouraging questions and respecting privacy.
B. Provides a safe environment by keeping hallways and doorways free of clutter and debris.