eCare ICU is a state-of-the-art ICU at University of Maryland Medical Center focused on transforming the way patients are cared for in ICUs around the state.
The department is a centralized department at UMMC in downtown Baltimore has more ICU beds than any other facility in the state and is where UMMC nurses partner with ICU bedside care provifders, to consult and apply their extensive knowledge of critical care medicine to a patients needs at an outlaying hospitals.
This unit is unique to its kind in Maryland and currently supports 11 hospitals and their nurses, therapists and physicians onsite, advance the level of care for their patients through the continuum of care. We provide our nurses with advanced audiovisual equipment, real-time vital sign data, sophisticated computer software systems and other technology to monitor patient’s status. The experienced critical care nurse’s skill set and knowledge not only effect patient outcomes, but become relied upon as a trusted team member who partner with providers on site and at the bedside to support and improve the care a patient is receiving.
Benefits of working in eCare:
• This position offers an opportunity to elevate your experience to a level unparalleled in the state.
• Be at the forefront of Telemedicine as it becomes an integral part of care in the future of medicine in multiple care venues.
• Provide patients with the highest level of care from a remote position while collaborating with bedside nurses and providers to bring tertiary quality care to remote ICU’s.
• Constructive knowledge of the newest technologies in critical care as well as electronic medical record systems.
Benefits of working with UMMC include:
• Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate level Nursing education at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
• An achievable professional advancement model offering promotional opportunities to our nursing staff.
• A comprehensive compensation, benefits, and relocation package.