Under general supervision, the Physician Recruitment Specialist will assist UMMS Corporate Physician Recruitment Services Department with the logistics of the recruitment process to result in the successful placement of physician candidates in all member hospitals. The process consists of determining recruitment strategy, identifying potential candidates, assisting management with interview and selection process, coordinating salary offer, and new hire process.
*** Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare, or a related field and 3 years previous healthcare and/or recruiting background is REQUIRED ***
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Acts as Physician Recruiter for UMMS member hospitals as assigned.
a. Partners with the hiring manager to formulate a recruitment strategy to fill vacancies in a timely and cost efficient manner. Develops innovative recruitment plans that will proactively meet the needs of the hiring manager. Coordinates print and electronic advertising as well as recruitment events and the development of collateral materials.
b. Works with Marketing and hiring authority to develop innovative recruitment programs such as targeted advertising, career fairs, direct mail campaigns and search committees.
c. Interviews, screens, and refers qualified applicants for open positions of all levels. Evaluate qualifications and obtain references and transcripts. Ensure applicant’s compliance with local, state, federal, and professional licensure requirements. Assists management in the determination of starting salaries according to compensation guidelines. Act as liaison with senior leadership on salary offers that meet FMV salary requirements.
2. Communicates on a regular basis (at least weekly) with all hiring managers to ensure effectiveness of recruitment strategy(s). Develops profile positions and develop practice opportunity descriptions for UMMS member hospitals as assigned. Maintains monthly, quarterly and annual reports that monitor position openings at UMMS member hospitals as assigned and provides updates by client. Monitors weekly status list of all candidates for assigned active searches. Ensures organization is filling vacancies in a timely and cost efficient manner. Attends and actively participates in various committees, both internally and externally, in support of the Vision, Mission, and Values of UMMS. Promotes positive customer relations and support various community and internal initiatives.
a. Serves as gatekeeper for hiring external recruitment consultants.
3. Establish and build ongoing relationships with Medical System leadership, medical schools and medical associations and vendors.
4. Develops and maintains an effective working knowledge of local physician employment agreements, employment process, offer packages, compensation and benefits to respond to candidate questions. Responds to physician’s calls and resolves complex inquiries. Understand and interprets offer letter and employment package to candidates and senior management.
5. Facilitates visit for physician candidate and significant other. Travel, lodging, meals and welcome gifts. Develops itineraries and arranges transportation. Assist with candidate reimbursement process for incidental expenses incurred.
6. Participates in local marketing, regional development and physician recruitment teams to fully develop a high impact, local physician website. Provides input in the design, order, stocking of physician recruitment literature, packets, and brochures.
7. Attends Physician Workforce Group meetings (PWG). Attends other Physician Recruitment Committee meetings as assigned. Assembles and distributes collateral materials for physician recruitment.
8. Prepares and maintains budget and control activities. Submits physician candidate expenses for approval and payment.
9. Continually develops and improves upon processes, procedures, policies and techniques to recruit physicians. Maintains up to date knowledge and compliance with federal and state fair employment laws and guidelines.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare, or a related field and 3 years previous healthcare and/or recruiting background is required.
Specific knowledge of the medical/physician community is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Develops and maintains working knowledge of the health system and regional communities in order to respond to candidate inquiries.
2. Solid marketing and public relations skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally to present practice opportunities in a positive manner.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including superior grammar and proofreading skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization. Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff. Proven track record of exceptional customer service skills
5. Exhibit a high energy level, and demonstrate the ability to work as a team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the medical staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, as well as the ability to plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, set priorities, and follow through to accomplish results.
8. Strong computer technology skills including; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner.