The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for our Corporate
EXPERIENCED SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR NEEDED!!!
WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE
MANAGING MULTIPLE PROJECTS AND OVERSEEING STAFF
Under the direction of the Internal Audit Management Team, this position audits assigned organizational, Information Technology (IT), and functional areas to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, reports audit findings and makes recommendations for the correction of weaknesses, non-compliance with corporate policies and procedures and improvement of operations.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Ensure audit objectives and scope is appropriately defined during the planning phase of the audit in conjunction with the Internal Audit Manager.
2. Meets with appropriate UMMS staff during the planning phase of the audit to ensure audit objectives and scope are appropriately defined and communicated, in conjunction with the Internal Audit Management Team.
3. Develops preliminary audit programs, including overview, procedures and objectives and presents to internal audit management for review.
4. Performs prescribed audit procedures as defined in the audit program or as instructed by the Internal Audit Manager.
5. Creates work products such as audit analysis, correspondence to client, memoranda and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed, the findings and the results of those procedures.
6. Identifies existence of potential risks and makes recommendations for improvements in the process or area under review.
7. Uses the results of the audit procedures to establish an objective opinion as the adequacy of internal controls and efficiency of the activities being audited.
8. Develops internal audit reports and deliverables and ensures work is completed within agreed upon time frames.
9. Meets with departmental representatives of the department under audit to review the findings of the audit and to incorporate any feedback into the final draft of the report.
10. Participates in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the internal audit management team to maintain a high quality internal audit function.
11. Develops a working understanding of the health care language and acronyms/industry terms. Learns organization’s business processes and services offered.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
1. Knowledge of accounting and financial information systems is preferred.
2. Experience with automated audit tools, such as ACL, is preferred
3. Demonstrates an understanding of the use of information systems to mitigate business risks.
4. Demonstrates proficiency of Microsoft applications including Excel and Word or similar spreadsheet and word-processing software.
5. Ability to function in a stressful work environment where conflict may be present.
6. Demonstrates teamwork by responsively cooperating with the other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback.
7. Ability to develops effective working relationships with system personnel and maintains good communication with other internal audit team members.
8. Ability to keep up-to-date with developments/changes in the field and applicable regulations and procedures affecting hospital finance and accounting practices.
9. Effective written and verbal communication skills are required to present audit data and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.