University of Maryland Medical System has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vice President of Human Resources to join the team and provide HR leadership over all HR programs, operations and activities at Dimensions Health System in Cheverly, Maryland.
Reporting to the CEO of Dimensions Health System and the UMMS Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, the Vice President of Human Resources (VP of HR) is responsible for serving as a strategic partner and internal consultant to executive and line management, providing strategic leadership and specialized expertise to assist the hospital(s) in achieving their strategic and operational objectives.
- Participate as a leader in the phases of the HR shared service integration and lead efforts in the improvement of HR service delivery and quality performance of their assigned hospital(s).
- Serve as a member of the executive management teams of their assigned hospital(s) and participate in the strategic planning and business development of the organization(s), and UMMS as applicable.
- Proactively bring human resources issues, implications, and ideas to the three facilities’ senior management teams, and serve as a key strategic business partner to the CEOs and other senior management.
- Provide input to the CEOs and senior management of their assigned hospital(s) regarding the evolving management structures and decision-making processes at these facilities, and at UMMS as applicable.
- Participate in efforts and support commitment toward ongoing improvements in the efficiency and affordability of HR Shared Services.
- Through a variety of strategies, support line managers, directors, and senior management by ensuring that human resources are available to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Through proper selection, placement, evaluation, and training of employees, ensure that their organization benefits from the key competencies and specific abilities needed in an ever-changing, increasingly technical healthcare environment.
- Participate in the development and implementation of talent acquisition (recruitment) strategies, programs, and processes, and ensure that the Shared Services model provides sufficient on-going support for their assigned hospital(s).
- Participate in the development and implementation of compensation and benefit plans that are competitive in the market and cost effective, as well as in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Ensure that the Shared Services model provides sufficient on-going support for assigned hospital(s).
- Coordinate assigned hospital(s) executive compensation and benefits strategies and programs that are progressive, effective, internally equitable, and competitive enough to attract and retain the talent needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain performance management systems that best reinforce strategies and work culture.
- Ensure an intelligent, effective, and coordinated labor relations strategy and response to labor relations actions at assigned hospital(s).
- Provide leadership with overall employee and labor relations strategies and objectives, and promote organizational practices that foster recognition of the value of individual and collective staff contributions.
- Coordinate with the local and UMMS communications departments, line and staff executives, and others in maintaining proactive communications initiatives necessary to keep management, staff, faculty, and volunteers properly informed of current and pending news and events, as applicable.
- Proactively help the local facilities adapt to new models of care delivery and patient/family services that will be part of healthcare reform, accountable care organizations, and other changes that lie ahead.
- Ensure that the comprehensive Human Resource Information System provides sufficient on-going support to protect employee records and provide reports and planning tools necessary for critical analyses of the human resources function and the human capital resources of the System.
- Represent assigned hospital(s) as HR executive on Board committee(s), as applicable.
- Proactively model and promote a culture of trust and communication within the human resources departments that is service-oriented and ensures high levels of satisfaction with the quality and amount of support provided.
- Monitor customer satisfaction, and respond appropriately to outcomes and feedback.
- Maintain professional development and growth, keeping abreast of trends in human resources and healthcare.
- Demonstrate the competencies necessary to influence others' behaviors toward a common dedication to the mission, values, goals, and objectives of the organization.