As the Project Analyst for the Kermit Application, this role will have vendor oversight, reporting and utilization analytics at the system level. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this role and job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Supplies Kermit team with all vendor agreements (Physician-Preference based) and all associated addendums, pricing files for applicable service lines.
2. Builds the pricing template (based on Kermit Application specifications) and uploads all applicable contracts/addendums and pricing files into the Kermit Application (as required). Maintains the pricing template and makes revisions as required to meet the applications specifications.
3. In partnership with the Kermit project lead, defines clinical rules/triggers (driven from the contracting terms and conditions) to be programmed into the application to identify potential/actual overpayment scenarios; Includes purchase order management validations in the vent purchase price does not match contract price.
4. Organizes and provides the list of hospital and surgeon users (to include job title, responsibilities and e-mail address) to the Kermit team; Works to maintain current list and provides on-going updates as needs change
5. Organizes and provides a complete list of all the medical device vendors (to include the local sales representation) that covers cases at each applicable hospital in UMMS; Works to maintain current list and provides on-going updates as needs change.
6. Organizes and provides a list of users to be trained by Kermit (to include name, e-mail and job title); Works to maintain current list and provides on-going updates as needs change.
7. Partners with the Kermit project lead to coordinate testing and training of each applicable UMMS site and identified personnel, including the corporate office.
8. Conducts meetings in conjunction with the Physician Preference contract manager and/or Performance Consulting lead regarding contract implementation, transition planning, monitoring of savings and necessary follow-up as it pertains to Kermit-identified opportunities. Attends appropriate meetings as directed.
9. Reports and monitors UMMS supply chain savings as identified in the Kermit Application. Audits identified supply chain savings for each hospital in UMMS system. Develops and maintains procedures and reports for supply chain savings as they relate to Kermit.
10. Assists Contract Managers in calculating the cost of pricing and/or vendor price changes and works to upload new pricing/contracts in the Kermit application.
11. Partners with the Kermit project lead to formalize and complete written documentation to track supply savings. Works collaboratively with applicable departments and/or hospitals to implement recommendations identified as deemed appropriate by UMMS Supply Chain.
12. In partnership with the Kermit team, analyzes the cost impact/savings of contract awards and/or price changes for the system and individual hospitals for operating expense requirements.
13. Communicates contract documents and analysis information to the Kermit team for uploading requirements in their software system.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a Business Administration, Finance Accounting or related discipline, OR equivalent experience is required.
Significant experience sufficient to develop equivalent business knowledge and skills may be considered in lieu of this requirement.
Two (2) years applicable experience. Healthcare — related contracting, finance and purchasing background is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to work with professional, multi-disciplinary teams as a group leader as well as a participant.
Demonstrated experience in contract negotiations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary in dealing with a variety of healthcare and finance professional including senior management.
Ability to judge the level of confidentiality of information and activities involved with on a regular workday basis, and exhibit integrity in use of dissemination of such information.
Demonstrated knowledge of software programs (i.e. Microsoft Office) is required. Ability to assess and evaluate complex financial data via use of computer analysis.
Ability to maintain knowledge on the developments/changes in the field and applicable regulations and procedures affecting contracting, finance, purchasing and regulatory practices.