Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
UMMC is seeking a Supplemental/Per Diem Critical Care Transfer Coordinator for Express Care!
Under direct supervision communicates with physicians and staff at referring hospitals and the Medical System in coordinating patient admissions, discharges, and transfers. Perform technical assistant responsibilities and provide back up assistance for the transport team and the emergency medical services department.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
Two years certification as an EMT or the equivalent is preferred. Continued certification is not a requirement of the job.
Continuous CPR certification is required (AHA or ARC).
1. Demonstrated ability to operate transmission equipment including 2-way radio, and Windows-based telephone system.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate within a database environment for entry and retrieval of demographic information, performance data and statistics.
3. Demonstrated ability to maintain awareness of departmental policies and procedures and follow the objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control standards of the department.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a stressful environment. Ability to handle confidential issues with integrity and discretion.
5. Professional phone manner with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as well as demonstrated listening skills is required.
6. Demonstrated ability to demonstrate effective customer service behaviors to all hospital staff and patients is required.
7. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to work with nursing staff, physicians, and other hospital personnel and patients.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain patient confidentiality and dignity.