Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under direct supervision performs delegated patient care functions assisting in surgical procedures and in the preparation of supplies and equipment in an operating room. Fulfillment of job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas and to transport medications to/ from medication storage and delivery areas
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. CPR certification is required.
2. Successful completion of an approved Surgical Technologist training program is required.
3. Certification from a National certification program as a Surgical Technologist is required.
4. Two years of Surgical Technologist experience is required.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of standard precautions and aseptic technique is required. Knowledge of basic patient care skills specific to the role of surgical technologist.
2. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply various patient care techniques, such as, routine nursing practice, aseptic technique, fire and safety, and infection control.
3. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice of aseptic and surgical techniques.