Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under consultative supervision performs as lead worker of Staff Dosimetrists in providing comprehensive treatment plans for patients undergoing radiation therapy. The Associate Chief Dosimetrist will work closely with physicians, radiation therapists, and medical physicists demonstrating excellence in generating optimal treatment plans for our patients. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the clinical team and provide leadership and guidance to the dosimetry staff in accordance with departmental standards and procedures. The Associate Chief Dosimetrists will act as the dosimetry liaison with therapists, physicists, and physicians and may serves as the Program Coordinator of the dosimetry school, coordinating didactic lectures and clinical training for the dosimetry students.
What You Need to Be Successful:
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in physics or related fields required; or graduation from an approved Medical Dosimetry Program through the American Association of Medical Dosimetrists (AAMD) is required.
• Certification by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) is required.
• In addition to professional qualifications good communication skills, initiative, and team spirit are essential to this position.
• Experience with Eclipse/ARIA, RayStation, IMRT, IGRT preferable.
• Five years of experience as a Dosimetrist in a Clinical Radiation Therapy department, or equivalent applicable work experience, is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a senior or lead dosimetrist in a clinical radiation therapy department is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.